What if I tell you that you can be a millionaire by playing PUBG mobile?
What if I tell you that just mobile gaming alone can get you win recognition across the globe?
What if I tell you that sports in the 21st century not necessarily need a sports stadium or a physical ground to witness the action?
Read along to find out the answers to the above stated questions!
Most probably you might have played those arcade shooting games or those mystery solvers in your life someday or the other. We all love to play games whether it may be online or in offline mode, and that too with our squad.
The good thing about mobile gaming is that it’s more convenient and cheaper than the traditional PC gaming. Success in gaming doesn’t depend upon one’s race, caste, color, nationality, or even qualifications. It’s just your skills and hard work that counts. E-sports has emerged as a mind-blowing career option in recent years.
It is a form of sport competition using video games, mobile games, PC games, consoles, etc. It often takes the form of organized, multiplayer video game competitions, particularly between professional players, individually or as teams. Most commonly played e-sports games in India and the world is:
- PUBG Mobile a.k.a. Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile
- CS:GO a.k.a.Counter Strike: Global Offensive
- DOTA 2
- Free Fire
e-Sports industry: Scope and Future
The e-sports industry has grown exponentially during the COVID-19 pandemic and will be growing at a rapid pace in the coming years as well. In recent years it has already become a multi-billion dollar business across the globe which is huge. And its possible cause the number of participation and viewership in the tournaments is massive and their mouth-watering prize pool attracts a crowd from almost every corner of the society. A huge chunk of IT companies is also working on building some cool stuff to give an astonishing gaming experience to every gaming freak like never before. Gaming gadgets now have their sections in the market like gaming laptops, gaming phones, V.R., M.R., etc.
Below is the table of the top 10 esports games of 2020 in the world with huge prize pools along with their outstanding viewership.
Then comes in the top 15 tournaments with highest prize pools till date:
e-Sports in India
A 2020 report on the Indian media and entertainment sector by FICCI and EY stated that India’s transactional online skill gaming grew rapidly, registering 40 percent growth in 2019-2020, while revenue generated in 2019 stood at Rs 65 billion.
It is estimated that about a third of this growth comes from the digital skill gaming and eSports sector of online gaming.
For the uninitiated, online skill gaming consists of a gamut of varied categories, including fantasy, card games, digital skill gaming, and eSports. As per the report, the total number of gamers in India was estimated to be around 365 million.
Opportunities in the industry
e-Sports career and opportunities can be classified broadly in the following categories:
- Sales and marketing specialist
- Organization owner
- Social media manager
- Event manager
Steps to begin your career as an e-sports player
- Find out a game in which you are your best.
- Rigorously train your skills.
- Understand and study most of the popular techniques and tactics of your game. This can be done through communication with other players. Even learning from popular players and streamers.
- Participate in small or medium-size tournaments. Compete and learn from mistakes. One can check websites of ESL India, Nodwin Gaming or Gaming Monk to find related opportunities.
- Now either join a team or create one. Then work upon building an excellent synergy with your co-teammates.
- Participate in LAN (face to face) tournaments.
- Improve your online presence. Be a social savvy.
On the other hand players shouldn’t forget certain essentials things like:
- Eating healthy food.
- Staying hydrated.
- Taking a sound sleep.
- Taking regular intervals between training sessions.
- Building an excellent network.
- Develop communication and leadership skills.
- Always remain respectful towards fellow teammates and opponent players.
So, that’s all about e-sports. It’s definitely an unconventional career option but it can be a high paying one. The best part about e-sports is that it does not matter what age group are you from. It’s your will to win that’ll eventually take you to the top.
Things that can bring a difference are skills, patience, and consistency. Good luck!