The victory of India over Australia was due to the record-breaking Run chase at Gabba. The moment which defines India’s courageous retention of the Border Gavaskar trophy. India won this four-test series by 2-1. In the thrilling final session, India handed Australia their first defeat at Brisbane’s cricket ground since 1988. The victory came from the amount of time effort and energy invested by the people. Even from those of us who watched rather than play.
This event marked as the highest 4th innings run chase at the Brisbane ground. This time India was without the captain Virat Kohli. As he returned home due to the birth of his first child after the opening test. After the win, Kohli tweeted:
WHAT A WIN!!! Yessssss. To everyone who doubted us after Adelaide, stand up and take notice. Exemplary performance but the grit and determination was the standout for us the whole way. Well done to all the boys and the management. Enjoy this historic feat lads Cheers.
- Firstly, more than half of the Indian cricket team was injured. But they still performed excellently. Hence India managed to create a historic victory over Australia.
- The winning run was scored by Rishabh pant. Out of the total run target, 328 Rishabh pant scored 89 runs and not out.
- Even Cheteshwar Pujara absorbed pressure when they needed to. By facing a lot of balls even he was injured.
- The victory cannot be described without the contribution of Shubham Gill who scored 91 runs.
- Secondly, Even the Indian bowlers that are splendid performance. Especially Mohammed Siraj whose second debut performance was this match. He knocked out the Australian team by taking 5 wickets in the Gabba stadium.
- The Indian team was scorn by many Australian cricketers in their country. They have to go through many struggles that can’t be described in words. Eventually, all the hard work pays off by winning the trophy.
- Finally, by this smashing victory at Brisbane India moves to the first position in the World test Championship points table. Moreover, New Zealand now holds second and Australia third position in this table.
OFF-FIELD RELATIONS OF INDIA WITH AUSTRALIA
It was difficult for the former captain of Australia Ricky Ponting to accept the victory of India over Australia at Gabba. In particular, find it difficult to comprehend how an “A team” from India beat Australia in the test series in their own home.
“I’m quite shocked that Australia wasn’t quite good enough. The cold hard facts of it are pretty much that was India. A team that played this Test match and (India) still won”Ricky Ponting
Above all, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses India and Australia’s formidable competitors on-field and solid partners off-field. Specifically, this was a reply to a congratulatory message from his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison.
PM Modi tweeted, “We are all overjoyed at the success of the Indian Cricket Team in Australia. Their remarkable energy and passion were visible throughout. So was their stellar intent, remarkable grit, and determination. Congratulations to the team! Best wishes for your future endeavors.”
India and Australia share close diplomatic ties. So are the Twitter ties between the two country heads.
Author : Kritika Agarwal
Do read other articles at: Bird flu affects humans; Are you shielded well against it?
Featured Image Credits : indiatvnews