In recent times, people started talking about shifting to an alternate app of WhatsApp that is Signal. The reason being the latest update of WhatsApp privacy policies. After this, a meme fest started on Twitter that can give you a good dose of fun.
About Signal app
- Signal has been trending on social media sites as many more people are talking about it.
- It was developed by Signal Foundation and Signal Messenger LLC, a nonprofit corporation.
- Its tagline: say hello to privacy.
- It was founded by former WhatsApp co-founder Brien Acton who left WhatsApp in 2017.
- Its service is end-to-end encrypted similar to WhatsApp.
- It is available on both the play store and apple store.
- However, it does not allow chats backup on iCloud and googles drive.
- It is free to use and is similar to WhatsApp.
- It has gained overnight popularity in the US and in India too.
Meme fest on Twitter over the use of another app-
So, users of the popular instant-messaging app have started talking about switching to the other available options like Signal and Telegram. The official Twitter handle of the Signal app even shared a post and joined the trend.
Elon Musk asks people to use an alternative to WhatsApp
Elon Musk, now the rich person in the world, after officially exceeding Jeff Bezos. As his net worth crossed $185bn (£136bn). Recently, he asks people to use the Signal app instead of WhatsApp and Facebook. For the reasons of privacy issues because of the latest update in WhatsApp policies.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk appealed to people to switch apps that are more encrypted than WhatsApp and Facebook. Then, he specifically mentioned it as a safer alternative to use when his followers asked. Further, the popularity of this app shot up after Elon Musk recommended it.
As per data analytics firm Sensor Tower, fresh installs of WhatsApp cut down to 11% within the first week of 2021.
Author– Pragya Verma
Checkout other articles- WhatsApp Latest Update
Featured image credits- Digital VPN